Thursday, April 16, 2009

Help Dr. Sam!!! Will the permanent teeth grow?

I have about 2 baby molars left, but not the wisdom teeth, and my dentist said that If I take them out, there MAY be a chance that the permanent teeth won%26#039;t grow out.....what if I don%26#039;t take them out and just elave them there? What if I take them out? ALso, he said that since I%26#039;m 13, all my permanent teeth should ahve grown out by now, so that%26#039;s why he thinks they might not grow out.

Help Dr. Sam!!! Will the permanent teeth grow?
The only way to answer this question is to see an x-ray and it would be preferable to have a panoramic x-ray. If your dentist does not have this kind of equipment, ask if he can send you to an oral surgeon or orthodontist just to get the x-ray taken. If he says he won%26#039;t send you, just go yourself!





Check this out to see why I suggest a panoramic x-ray:





http://members.aol.com/swf08302/panvsfmx...





The yellow outline show you the approximate area that would be covered by a really good full mouth series. Everything outside the yellow border would only show up in a panoramic x-ray. The FMX may be a bit sharper, but it is quite limited in diagnostic scope compared to a panoramic x-ray. This is an actual x-ray from my office and it%26#039;s typical of my panoramic films.





Pros: Much broader area covered


Cons: Possible loss of detail, although I am quite happy with my films
Reply:Get the panoramic x-ray and good luck. If you fidn you have no permanent teeth there, come back and ask a question about what to do. Report It




myspace images

No comments:

Post a Comment