Thursday, April 16, 2009

My 8 month old Maltese has lost all her baby teeth but one in the front. The permanent tooth is also there.?

I had her fixed in February and both of the teeth were there at that time. I didn%26#039;t think anything about it. My vet never said anything about removing it. Since I have read some of the answers on here I am worried about it. Should I pay to have her put to sleep to have it removed. She only weighs 3.4 lbs. I hate to have to do that to her.

My 8 month old Maltese has lost all her baby teeth but one in the front. The permanent tooth is also there.?
I would have the vet take a look and determine if it needs to be removed. If its loose it may fall out on its own.





I think the vet was negligent by not taking care of this when she was there for her surgery. The vet should have noticed this retained tooth when she was examined before surgery. Vets are supposed to give a thorough exam to the animal before putting them under anesthesia. I would definately question the vet about this.





Meanwhile, you could give her crunchy milkbones to chew on. Maybe that will help loosen the tooth so it will fall out. It is very possible that this tooth will have to be removed under anesthesia. Good Luck!
Reply:Well I had to have my dogs teeth removed, but from old age. On humans a dentist would take out a baby tooth if it refuses to fall out, so I would think if you need to and can afford it have it removed. But dogs adapt to things like that. So it is up to you if you want to.



mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment